- Fixed Term Contact; 12 months
- Part Time; 24 hours per week
- Horowhenua Health Centre, Levin
Want a new challenge; we have the role for you!
This is a fabulous role offering you the opportunity to work in the community alongside many other passionate health professionals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and passionate NZ Registered Dietitian to join our multidisciplinary team caring for the people of the Horowhenua on a fixed term contract to cover parental leave.
Central PHO are leaders in primary health care, responsible for providing key services in the region and supporting General Practice Teams. You will have the drive to deliver an exceptional high quality service that meets the needs of the community.
You will work alongside people with a range of long-term conditions including diabetes, cardiovascular and respiratory disease. You will work autonomously as a Clinician and alongside GP teams to maintain and deliver an exceptional service.
You will be supported in your role by an experienced and professional dietetic team who are committed to clinical excellence.
As a part of the Central PHO family, you will have access to clinical supervision, be encouraged to develop your clinical practice with professional development and plenty of in house opportunities to gather the skills required for the role.
To be considered, you will have the below:
- Be a competent New Zealand-Registered Dietitian with a current annual practicing certificate (ACP)
- Full clean NZ Drivers Licence
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally in a team with other health professionals
- Knowledge of the chronic care model and self-management focus
- Strong motivational and counselling skills
- A willingness to learn and develop an existing service
- Have a passion for working with people in their own communities
As a Dietitian you’ll also demonstrate:
- A high standard of clinical practice and expertise
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to effect change in a changing health system
- Experience with culture diversity and working high needs populations
- Skills and experience in performing client centred assessments and care plans
- Experience of working independently and in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in the development of written resource material
To apply, please complete the below Central PHO application form. Send your CV, cover letter and completed application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 8 April at 9.00am