- Primary Health Care – “Working together towards healthy & flourishing communities”
- Opportunity for an experienced Pharmacist to positively develop best practice prescribing behaviours in the community
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Pharmacist to join the Primary Health Care Sector and positively develop and strengthen ‘best practice’ prescribing behaviours in the community.
Central PHO works in partnership with MidCentral DHB to provide a number of programmes focussed on improving the health and wellbeing of our population. Reporting to the Population Health Pharmacist Team Lead, this role will be based at Central PHO. You will be working with an existing Primary Care Support Pharmacy team, working together on a range of initiatives across the primary care sector.
About the Role
As a Primary Care Support Pharmacist, you will work as an integral part of the primary care teams to encourage and support positive changes in medicines utilisation by:
- Focusing on reducing inequities and working with priority populations
- Supporting and advising on all matters relating to the medicine management of individual eligible patients
- Providing ‘best practice’ information and education to patients and practice staff; supporting best practice by undertaking prescriber audits
- Conducting Medicine Therapeutic Assessments and complex medication reviews
- Analysing medicines utilisation data for individual patients
You will provide best practice prescribing advice to all primary care prescribers across the Central PHO district, including those prescribers not affiliated with the Central PHO. Your aim is to consider the needs and access issues for individual patients, with a strong equity focus for priority population groups.
To be considered appropriate for this role, you:
- Must be a New Zealand Registered Pharmacist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate and have proven scope of practice which enables the undertaking of the duties for this role
- Must hold a post graduate qualification in Clinical Pharmacy
- Will have in-depth knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical services
- Will have broad knowledge and appreciation of the roles of various health professionals within the service and in other services which support the continuum of patient care
- Will have knowledge of local community, its key issues and its priority populations, along with knowledge and understanding of bicultural and equity issues. This is desirable but not essential.
- Will have sound analytical and decision-making ability and be able to identify trends in individual patient data, including appropriate application of equity focused approaches, to guide best practice prescribing. This is desirable but not essential.
The Central PHO, Clinical Pharmacy Team is dedicated to encouraging positive changes in medicines. Our focus is to work towards meeting the current and future demands of our communities, providing improved patient experiences and achieving improved patient and community well-being.
At Central PHO you will work alongside a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about delivering primary health care to our region and making a positive impact. A competitive remuneration package is being offered as well as the opportunity to contribute to making a positive impact in the health outcomes of people in the Central PHO district as we pursue our vision of, ‘working together towards health and flourishing communities’.
To apply, please complete the below application forms and forward to: firstname.lastname@example.org