Collaborative Clinical Pathways (CCP)
The Collaborative Clinical Pathways (CCP) programme has been in operation since 2012. The development, implementation, and refinement of collaborative clinical pathways is clinically led. This includes clinicians from primary and secondary care, pharmacists, allied health professionals, public health staff, radiology staff, as well as members from other sectors such as education, to form collaborative working groups.
The Collaborative Clinical Pathways programme aims to:
- identify opportunities to improve how health and disability care is planned and delivered within the district
- improve patient choice and access to a wider range of health services that are both closer to home and reduce avoidable hospital admissions
- provide health professionals throughout the district with the opportunity to develop and access best practice, evidence-based clinical pathways that are available at the point of care
- reduce unwarranted variation in care
- drive continuous quality improvement through the principles of the NZ Triple Aim
- enable health professionals from primary and secondary care to work collaboratively to develop pathways that are clinically sound, current, provide local information on service provision, culturally appropriate and promote equity of access
A small team supports the collaborative working groups by providing project management and technical support for the localisation and publication of base pathways.
How to register for MidCentral’s pathways tool
The pathways programme is currently in a transition phase to a new regional pathways tool. All MidCentral health professionals who have accessed pathways in the past from the Map of Medicine have been sent an email providing a link to an interim solution together with a generic log on and password details. This interim solution is a New Zealand instance of the Map of Medicine and displays and functions in much the same way.
If you have not received these details and would like to access our local pathways contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A quick user guide is available here which provides guidance on how to view, search and use the pathways.
How to access MidCentral’s pathways tool
- already have the generic username and password, you can access the pathways from your internet browser – click here
- have not received these details and would like to access our local pathways contact: email@example.com.
Please include the following information in your email request: title, first and last name, email address, job title, organisation name.
- have forgotten the generic password, contact:
It is recommended that you save the link into your favourites and tick the “remember me” box so your log on details automatically register when accessing this interim pathway tool.
Need more information?
For more information on the CCP programme, please contact the team by email: