The Central PHO (Central Primary Health Organisation) is a not-for-profit charitable trust, that provides primary healthcare services to the MidCentral DHB population. Primary healthcare services are managed and delivered in the community through the PHO.
Our key roles are to:
- Develop Primary Healthcare capacity and capability in the MidCentral District
- Support the delivery of high quality Primary Healthcare through our contracted General Practices
- Work with local communities and enrolled populations
- Identify and remove health inequalities
- Offer access to comprehensive services to improve, maintain and restore people’s health
- Co-ordinate care across service areas
- Continuously improve quality using good information
The PHO has contracts with health professionals and organisations in the community, such as General Practicioners and the wider GP teams to help deliver quality health services to you.
Central PHO has offices in:
- Palmeston North
- Pahiatua; and
Central PHO is supported by Compass Health which provides management support services and a range of referred services.
Access their website here: www.compasshealth.org.nz.